
Whitney had a fun Halloween. She dressed up as a fairy and enjoyed handing out candy with Mommy. Things have been going okay with her in the last month. However, she has been having more of the "episodes" that her Neurologist tested for seizures several months ago. They do not think they are seizures, but aren't quite sure what's going on. She wore an oxygen saturation monitor for four days beginning last Friday. The results showed that her saturation levels were down in the lower 80 percentiles off and on during these spells. Her normal saturation is around 97%, but we are concerned that the test showed her stats dropping for up to 27 minutes at a time. Her pediatrician has decided to send her to another neurologist at Scott and White in Temple. We are waiting to hear when that appointment will be.
In the meantime, she saw her Geneticist today. After measuring Whitney's every body part, she relayed a concern about the size of Whit's head. Her body seems to be growing at a normal curve/rate. She continues to be anywhere between the 25th and 50th percentile for height and weight. However, her head growth has gone from the 90th percentile up to a number that is nowhere on the chart. It is huge. Her doctor believed that those measurements coupled with the Opisthotomos episodes (back arching she does all the time) and her constantly swollen eyes constituted the need for a CT scan. So, we will be having her cat scanned in the next few days. We will be anxiously awaiting those results to see if anything further needs to be done at this time. I did not ask a lot of questions because, quite frankly, I'm scared. I choose to assume the best, that nothing is wrong with my sweet baby. I have no idea what they'll be looking for or what she thought might be going on. I'm just going to continue to have faith that she will be just fine because God has shown us that she is a warrior and that He is in control. I'll update when we know more. I also have some video of Whit's Opisthotonos episodes, but haven't been able to post it on here. I will try again next post.

No comments:
Post a Comment