Sunday, November 23, 2008

Surgery in the near future :(

Whitney has seen her ENT doctor and her Opthalmologist since the last post. The ENT wants to put tubes in her ears to prevent recurrent ear infections. She has a lot of fluid behind both ears.

She also saw her eye doctor this weekend. He agrees that her right eye turns in. He wants to correct the strabismus. They will be operating on both eyes to allow them to straighten out and improve her vision. He believes that operating early will give her the best chance of full 20/20 vision in the future.

So, we are waiting for the scheduling dept. to call us and tell us when they will be doing the two surgeries. They are hoping to be able to do both together along with her MRI that she was supposed to be sedated for. I asked her plastic surgeon if he wanted to try and do her cleft surgery as well, but he still wants to wait until she's closer to a year old.

Whitney is doing well right now. She will have an eye drop that we will use once a day in her left eye. It will dilate that eye and cause blurry vision forcing her to use the "bad" eye and strengthening the muscle in that eye.

Whitney will be 6 months old on Saturday! I can't believe how fast time flies.

3 comments:

carla's gateway said...

Michelle, I just want you to know that I keep up with you guys and your sweet little Whitney. I remember when you and Em began at HSU together... what a vivacious and encouraging friend you were... I KNOW that this is coming through as you are momma too! Our Elly and Will just took that road of having your little one put under with MRI and all those tubes and wires... not easy I know... but I also know the ONE you and Jason trust, and HE is able! I just wanted to tell you that Troy and I will be praying for you guys and the next steps for your little girl! thank you for allowing me to share, cl

Unknown said...

love you guys so much! You are always in our prayers! I know what it's like to go through hard times with a child! Hang in there and REMEMBER: God is in control! Cast your cares and worries on Him! God Bless you always! ;) Love: Sherry

Unknown said...

What a beautiful, sweet baby! Michelle, your words are so touching. Keep up the positive spirit. I will keep Whitney in my prayers. Ashley (VanHootegem) Crump